Welcome, readers. Today we are going to talk about aha. You may have heard this term before or perhaps you are new to it. Don’t worry, by the end of this article, you will have a clear understanding of what aha is and why it is important.
What is aha?
Aha is an abbreviation for alpha-hydroxy acid. It is a type of chemical compound that is commonly used in skincare products to exfoliate the skin. Aha works by breaking down the bonds between dead skin cells, allowing them to be easily removed from the surface of the skin. This results in smoother, brighter, and more even-toned skin.
Types of aha
There are several different types of aha, including glycolic acid, lactic acid, and mandelic acid. Glycolic acid is the most commonly used type of aha and is often found in chemical peels and anti-aging products. Lactic acid is gentler than glycolic acid and is often used in products for sensitive skin. Mandelic acid is a larger molecule than other types of aha and is therefore less irritating to the skin.
Benefits of aha
The benefits of aha are numerous. As mentioned earlier, aha exfoliates the skin, resulting in smoother, brighter, and more even-toned skin. Aha also stimulates the production of collagen, a protein that gives skin its elasticity. This can help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Additionally, aha can help to lighten dark spots and hyperpigmentation, giving the skin a more even complexion.
How to use aha
When using products containing aha, it is important to start slowly and build up to avoid irritation. Begin by using a product containing a low concentration of aha once or twice a week, and gradually increase the frequency and concentration as your skin becomes accustomed to it. It is also important to use sunscreen when using products containing aha, as it can increase the skin’s sensitivity to the sun.
Products containing aha
There are many products on the market that contain aha, including The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution, Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant, and Pixi Glow Tonic. These products can be found at drugstores, specialty beauty stores, and online retailers.
Aha is a powerful skincare ingredient that can help to exfoliate, brighten, and even out the skin. It is important to use products containing aha correctly and to start slowly to avoid irritation. If you are interested in trying aha, there are many products on the market that can help you achieve smoother, brighter, and more even-toned skin.
- Source: https://www.healthline.com/health/aha-for-skin#types
- Image source: https://unsplash.com/photos/fPHjb6ZVyxo
Most searched products:
- Does Sephora Support Israel? Answering Your Questions
- Top 10 Boots Retinol Review: The Ultimate Guide to Anti-Aging Boots
- Get Glowing Skin with The Ordinary Smooth and Bright Set: A Complete Review
- Say Goodbye to Unwanted Hair with Exfoliating Hair Removal Pads
- The Ordinary Shoreditch
- Botox in a Bottle: The Ultimate Guide to Youthful Skin
- Find Your Perfect Pair of Boots with The Ordinary Boots UK – Discover Our Top Picks!
- Boots Ankle Support
- Get a glowing skin with our top picks of paraben-free skincare products
- Get Thick & Luscious Lashes With Sins N Lashes Serum: Our Honest Review!