If you’re looking for a foundation that’s a step up from sheer but doesn’t feel heavy on the skin, you might be in the market for a medium coverage foundation. This type of foundation generally provides enough coverage to even out your skin tone and conceal minor imperfections, without feeling too thick or cakey. And there are a lot of options out there, from drugstore favorites to high-end luxury brands. Here are some of our top picks for the best medium coverage foundations!
L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation
This drugstore staple is a favorite of beauty bloggers and makeup artists alike. Promising up to 24 hours of wear time and a demi-matte finish, the L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation provides medium coverage without feeling heavy or greasy. Fans of the foundation report that it blends easily and wears well throughout the day.
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
Though it contains the word “sheer” in the name, the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation is actually a buildable formula that can achieve medium coverage with enough layers. This foundation promises a natural-looking glow without looking shimmery or glittery. Many reviewers of this foundation swear by its ability to make their skin look “lit from within.”
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup
A more high-end option, the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup is a favorite of those with oily skin or who are looking for a foundation that won’t budge. Providing medium to full coverage, this foundation promises up to 24 hours of wear time and a semi-matte finish. Many users have reported that it stays put even through sweat, heat, and humidity.
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation
Another drugstore option, the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation provides a buildable medium coverage that promises to blur the appearance of pores and leave a natural matte finish. Many reviewers of this foundation love how well it matches their skin tone and provides a smooth base for the rest of their makeup.
HTML Lists: Pros and Cons
When it comes to finding your perfect medium coverage foundation, it can be helpful to make a list of your priorities. Here are some pros and cons to keep in mind as you’re shopping around:
- Medium coverage provides more coverage than a sheer foundation but still looks natural on the skin
- Many options available at a variety of price points
- Can even out skin tone and conceal minor imperfections
- Buildable formula allows for customized coverage
- May not provide enough coverage for those with more severe acne or scarring
- Some formulas may feel too heavy or thick on the skin
- May require more touch-ups throughout the day than full coverage foundations
- Can be difficult to find the perfect shade match
The Bottom Line
Ultimately, the best medium coverage foundation for you will depend on your skin type, preferences, and budget. Hopefully this list has given you some ideas to start with! Just remember to test out foundation shades in natural light and consider your skin’s unique needs before making a purchase.
Most searched products:
- Does Sephora Support Israel? Answering Your Questions
- Top 10 Boots Retinol Review: The Ultimate Guide to Anti-Aging Boots
- Get Glowing Skin with The Ordinary Smooth and Bright Set: A Complete Review
- Say Goodbye to Unwanted Hair with Exfoliating Hair Removal Pads
- The Ordinary Shoreditch
- Boots Ankle Support
- Get a glowing skin with our top picks of paraben-free skincare products
- Get Thick & Luscious Lashes With Sins N Lashes Serum: Our Honest Review!
- Cuivre: Understanding the Significance and Properties of Copper Metal
- Lip Plumper