Are you struggling with acne, rosacea or hyperpigmentation?
If yes, then you might have heard of a skin care ingredient called azelaic acid.
Azelaic acid is becoming increasingly popular in the beauty industry as a treatment for various skin concerns. Its ability to target multiple skin concerns without causing irritation has made it a holy grail ingredient for many skincare enthusiasts.
What is Azelaic Acid?
Azelaic acid is a naturally occurring acid found in grains such as barley, wheat, and rye. For skincare purposes, it is made synthetically in a lab.
It belongs to a family of acids known as dicarboxylic acids and is a stable and effective ingredient in skincare formulations.
How Does Azelaic Acid Work?
Azelaic acid works in multiple ways to improve skin concerns such as acne, rosacea and hyperpigmentation.
- Acne: Azelaic acid has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help to target acne-causing bacteria, reducing inflammation and preventing future breakouts.
- Rosacea: It also helps to reduce the redness and inflammation associated with rosacea by strengthening the skin barrier and reducing swelling.
- Hyperpigmentation: Azelaic acid helps to brighten the skin by reducing the production of melanin without damaging the skin barrier or causing irritation.
How to Use Azelaic Acid?
Azelaic acid is available in various forms such as creams, gels, and serums.
When introducing azelaic acid into your skincare routine, it is important to start with a low concentration and gradually increase to reduce the risk of irritation.
It is recommended to start with a 10% concentration and apply a pea-sized amount to the affected areas of the skin once a day, preferably in the evening.
It is also important to use sunscreen during the day when using azelaic acid as it can increase the skin’s sensitivity to the sun.
It is advisable to consult a dermatologist before using azelaic acid if you have sensitive skin or any underlying skin conditions.
Products Containing Azelaic Acid
There are several skincare products that contain azelaic acid, making it easier than ever to incorporate this ingredient into your skincare routine.
- The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10%: This budget-friendly product is a lightweight cream-gel formula that helps to brighten skin and reduce acne and rosacea.
- Paula’s Choice 10% Azelaic Acid Booster: This product contains 10% azelaic acid and is designed to reduce redness, dark spots and blemishes.
- Giorgio Armani Beauty Prima Smart Moisture Serum: This high-end serum is specifically designed for hyperpigmentation and contains 10% azelaic acid as well as other brightening ingredients.
As with any skincare product, it is important to patch test and introduce it into your routine gradually.
Azelaic acid has become a popular ingredient in skincare for its ability to target multiple skin concerns without causing irritation.
If you are struggling with acne, rosacea or hyperpigmentation, it may be worth adding azelaic acid to your skincare routine and experiencing its benefits for yourself.
Most searched products:
- Get Thick & Luscious Lashes With Sins N Lashes Serum: Our Honest Review!
- Revitalize Your Skin: 10 Best Skincare Products to Brighten Dull Skin
- Does Sephora Support Israel? Answering Your Questions
- Caffeine中文: Exploring the Benefits and Risks of Consuming Caffeine – A Comprehensive Guide
- Top 10 Ordinary Serums for Acne Prone Skin – The Ultimate Guide
- Using Peptides with Retinol: Everything You Need to Know
- 10 Best Skincare Products for Perioral Dermatitis in 2021: A Comprehensive Guide
- The Ultimate Guide to Understanding Azelaic Acid Purge: Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
- Transform Your Skin with Cien Eye Cream: Our Honest Review
- Breaking Gender Stereotypes with Androgynous Makeup: Tips, Tricks and Inspiration