Glycolic acid is a commonly used ingredient in skincare products. It is an alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA) that is derived from sugar cane. Ordinary glycolic acid is a mild form of this acid that is available in various concentrations. This article will explore the benefits and uses of ordinary glycolic acid, as well as some tips for incorporating it into your skincare routine.
Benefits of Ordinary Glycolic Acid
Ordinary glycolic acid has many benefits for the skin. It helps to exfoliate dead skin cells and promote cell turnover, which can lead to a brighter, smoother complexion. It also helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and can improve the overall texture of the skin.
In addition, glycolic acid has been shown to be effective in treating acne and reducing the appearance of hyperpigmentation. It can also help to improve the absorption of other skincare products, making them more effective.
Using Ordinary Glycolic Acid
When using ordinary glycolic acid, it is important to start with a low concentration and gradually increase as your skin becomes accustomed to it. The Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution from The Ordinary is a great product for beginners.
It is recommended to use glycolic acid products once or twice a week, depending on your skin’s sensitivity. It can be applied in the evening after cleansing and before moisturizing. Be sure to use a sunscreen during the day, as glycolic acid can increase the skin’s sensitivity to the sun.
While glycolic acid can provide many benefits for the skin, it is important to take some precautions when using it. Avoid using it on broken or irritated skin, and do not use it in conjunction with other exfoliating products.
It is also important to note that glycolic acid can cause some initial irritation, including redness and peeling. This is normal and usually subsides after a few uses. If the irritation persists or becomes too severe, reduce the frequency of use or discontinue use altogether.
Ordinary glycolic acid is a versatile ingredient that can provide many benefits for the skin. With regular use, it can help to improve the texture and appearance of the skin, as well as reduce the signs of aging and improve acne-prone skin.
When incorporating glycolic acid into your skincare routine, be sure to start with a low concentration and increase gradually. Keep in mind that some initial irritation may occur, but this is normal and usually subsides after a few uses.
- Remember to use a sunscreen during the day, as glycolic acid can increase the skin’s sensitivity to the sun.
- Avoid using glycolic acid on broken or irritated skin, and do not use it in conjunction with other exfoliating products.
- If the irritation persists or becomes too severe, reduce the frequency of use or discontinue use altogether.
Overall, ordinary glycolic acid is a great addition to any skincare routine and can provide numerous benefits for the skin.
Most searched products:
- Why Boots with Lactic Acid Can Benefit Your Feet: A Comprehensive Guide
- Nianicimide: Everything You Need to Know About This Powerful Antioxidant
- Does Sephora Support Israel? Answering Your Questions
- Get Glowing Skin with The Ordinary Smooth and Bright Set: A Complete Review
- Argireline vs Retinol: Which should come first in your skincare routine?
- Discover the Best Azelaic Acid Creams at Boots for Clearer Skin
- Say Goodbye to Age Spots: Effective Treatments and Prevention Tips
- 10 Benefits of Using The Ordinary Eye Cream for Wrinkles
- How Quickly Can Mandelic Acid Start Working? A Complete Guide
- Unlock Your Best Skin Yet with Glycolic Acid Serum: The Ultimate Guide