One of the most popular skincare ingredients today is hyaluronic acid, and for a good reason. This naturally occurring substance is a humectant, which means that it attracts and retains moisture. The result is plump, hydrated skin that looks healthy and youthful. However, not all hyaluronic acids are created equal. While some brands offer highly concentrated, premium versions of this ingredient, many products on the market use a type called ordinary hyaluronic acid, which is much more affordable. But what, exactly, is ordinary hyaluronic acid? And is it worth using in your skincare routine?
What is Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid?
Simply put, ordinary hyaluronic acid is a type of hyaluronic acid that hasn’t been enhanced or modified in any way. It is called “ordinary” because it is the same type of hyaluronic acid that is naturally produced in our bodies. However, when used in skincare products, it is typically sourced from plants or bacteria. This type of hyaluronic acid is widely used in affordable skincare products because it’s cost-effective and easy to produce.
What are the Benefits of Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid?
The benefits of ordinary hyaluronic acid are the same as those of any other form of hyaluronic acid. It hydrates the skin, reduces visible signs of aging, and helps to improve the skin’s texture and tone. When applied topically, hyaluronic acid can act as a humectant, attracting water and preventing moisture loss. This can help to plump up the skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Additionally, hyaluronic acid can help to soothe and calm the skin. It has anti-inflammatory properties that make it beneficial for those with sensitive skin or conditions like rosacea or eczema. Because hyaluronic acid is naturally found in the body, it is generally well-tolerated by most people, making it a safe and effective ingredient for all skin types.
How to Use Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid
When using a product containing ordinary hyaluronic acid, it’s important to follow the instructions on the label. Most hyaluronic acid products are applied after cleansing and toning but before moisturizing. A few drops of serum or a thin layer of a lotion or cream can be applied to the face and neck, being careful to avoid the eye area.
It’s also important to note that hyaluronic acid works best when used in combination with other hydrating ingredients, such as glycerin, urea, or ceramides. Using a moisturizer that contains these ingredients can help to enhance the effectiveness of hyaluronic acid and provide even more hydration to the skin.
Products Containing Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid
There are many skincare products on the market that contain ordinary hyaluronic acid. Some of the most popular options include:
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5: This lightweight serum contains two percent hyaluronic acid and vitamin B5 to hydrate and plump up the skin. It’s suitable for all skin types and can be used morning and night.
- CeraVe Hydrating Hyaluronic Acid Serum: This serum contains three types of ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin B5 to hydrate, soothe, and strengthen the skin barrier. It’s especially beneficial for those with dry or sensitive skin.
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel Cream: This moisturizer contains hyaluronic acid and glycerin to provide intense hydration to the skin. The lightweight gel formula is non-greasy and absorbs quickly.
While there are many different types of hyaluronic acid on the market, ordinary hyaluronic acid remains a popular choice for those looking for an affordable and effective way to hydrate their skin. This ingredient is suitable for all skin types and can be easily incorporated into any skincare routine. By using a product that contains ordinary hyaluronic acid, you can help to plump up your skin, reduce visible signs of aging, and improve your overall skin texture and tone.
Most searched products:
- Why Boots with Lactic Acid Can Benefit Your Feet: A Comprehensive Guide
- Nianicimide: Everything You Need to Know About This Powerful Antioxidant
- The Ultimate Guide to The Ordinary Foundation: Reviews, Swatches, and Tips
- The Complete Guide to Bitamoprost: Benefits, Dosage, and Side Effects
- The Perfect Order: When to Use Retinol and Niacinamide in Your Skincare Routine
- Top 10 Skin Hydration Facts: Best Skincare Products to Keep You Glowing All Day Long
- Say Goodbye to Dark Circles with the Most Effective Serum!
- Topical Vitamin C: The Ultimate Skincare Ingredient for Youthful Glow
- Get brighter and smoother underarms with the original underarm brightening cream
- Top 10 Innovative Skincare Products for Ultimate Skin Hydration Hacks