Skincare enthusiasts are always looking for ways to achieve that healthy, glowing complexion. The latest buzz in the skincare world is the use of aha bha, a combination of two types of exfoliants. If you’re wondering what these terms mean and what benefits they offer, keep reading!
The Basics: What Are AHA and BHA?
Before diving into the benefits of this skincare ingredient, it’s important to understand its components. AHA stands for alpha hydroxy acid and BHA for beta hydroxy acid.
- AHA is a water-soluble acid derived from fruits (such as grapes and apples) and milk. Its main benefit is exfoliating skin by targeting the surface layer of dead skin cells, promoting cell regeneration for a smoother, brighter complexion.
- BHA, on the other hand, is oil-soluble and mainly derived from salicylic acid. It works to unclog pores by penetrating deeply into the skin, making it an ideal solution for those with oily and acne-prone skin.
The Ordinary AHA BHA Solution
The Ordinary AHA BHA Solution is a popular exfoliating toner that contains a combination of both AHA and BHA. Its main purpose is to gently exfoliate the skin, remove dead cells, and unclog pores. Additionally, it helps to prevent acne breakouts and minimize the appearance of pores, leaving skin smoother, brighter and more even-toned.
One of the key ingredients in this solution is glycolic acid, a water-soluble AHA that helps to stimulate collagen production and reduce signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles. Another important ingredient is salicylic acid, a BHA that helps to unclog pores and reduce inflammation.
How to Use AHA BHA
The Ordinary recommends applying their AHA BHA solution once a day, preferably in the evening. After cleansing your face, soak a cotton pad with the solution and gently swipe it over your face and neck, avoiding the eye area. Follow up with your regular moisturizer.
It’s important to note that AHA BHA products can make your skin more sensitive to the sun, so make sure to use a sunscreen with a high SPF during the day.
Is AHA BHA Suitable for Everyone?
While AHA BHA can be beneficial for most skin types, it’s important to consider your skin’s sensitivity level. AHA BHA products are strong exfoliants and overuse can lead to irritation and inflammation.
If you’re new to AHA BHA, start by using the product once a week and gradually increase usage as your skin becomes more accustomed to it. Additionally, those with dry or sensitive skin may want to avoid AHA BHA or use milder formulas to prevent irritation.
AHA BHA is a powerful exfoliant that can offer numerous benefits for your skin. Its main benefits include unclogging pores, reducing inflammation, and improving skin texture and tone. However, it’s important to consider your skin’s sensitivity level before incorporating AHA BHA into your skincare routine.
If you’re interested in trying out The Ordinary AHA BHA solution or any other AHA BHA product, make sure to do a patch test first and follow the recommended usage instructions. And, as always, remember to wear sunscreen and stay hydrated!
Most searched products:
- Why Boots with Lactic Acid Can Benefit Your Feet: A Comprehensive Guide
- Argireline vs Retinol: Which should come first in your skincare routine?
- Discover the Best Azelaic Acid Creams at Boots for Clearer Skin
- Say Goodbye to Age Spots: Effective Treatments and Prevention Tips
- 10 Benefits of Using The Ordinary Eye Cream for Wrinkles
- How Quickly Can Mandelic Acid Start Working? A Complete Guide
- Unlock Your Best Skin Yet with Glycolic Acid Serum: The Ultimate Guide
- A Beginner’s Guide to Applying Lash Serum: Step-by-Step Tutorial
- House of Fraser Order Tracking: The Ultimate Guide to Track Your Order
- The Ultimate Guide to Applying Vitamin C before or after Moisturizer